Sunday, July 7, 2013

Senegalese Twists: My Summer Protective Style

     Summertime is here and so is the unbearable heat and humidity. Instead of fighting with my hair to keep it moisturized and stretched this summer, I've decided to wear SENEGALESE TWISTS for the next few weeks. In the past, I went to a braiding salon to get my twists installed, but I figure I've seen enough Youtube videos to install my own. I used about 5 packs of KANEKALON braiding hair, a leave in conditioner by Beautiful Textures and COCONUT OIL to moisturize my own hair. I used the basic method of braiding at the root and two-strand twisting the remaining length. To finish and seal the ends, I bonded the hair with a lighter and dipped the ends in boiling water. I wanted them to be long and full which is why it took more than the standard three packs of hair. The total cost of this style was about $15, and the twisting took about 10 hours total, spread out over two days. Here are the results!



I'm ready for the beach!

What protective styles are you rocking this summer?

PEACE,

AphroKiKi

2 comments:

  1. Rocking Afro Kinky Twists right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just watched your video...they look great!

      Delete